Tell me about the best customer service experience you’ve ever had.
Now, describe the worst.
Which one took you longer to remember? Unfortunately, customer service has developed a negative reputation, especially when it comes to calling or emailing business telephone companies. Frustrating automated systems, long wait times, wrong answers—they’re probably all in that story of your worst experience.
The customer support a company offers is now an essential part of your buying decision when considering internet-based phone systems. There are 9 questions you can ask when evaluating your prospective VoIP company’s customer service experience.
- What are the customer support department’s hours?
- How can you contact them (e.g., email, website form, phone, text, chat)? Some companies do not provide customers with a phone number unless they subscribe at a certain level.
- How long does it take for an agent to respond to your request?
- How long does it take to reach a solution (e.g., answer your question or fix a problem)?
- How many departments and support tiers do you have to go through to get to the right person?
- Hosted VoIP phone systems rely on your internet connection and internal IT network to function correctly. When an agent suspects there is an issue outside the phone system, are they willing to collaborate with your other vendors to identify a solution?
- Everyone makes mistakes and business phone systems can go down. In these cases, does the company “own” their mistakes or are they quick to point fingers?
- Does the VoIP phone company require you purchase a customer service agreement to receive priority support?
- Are they willing to provide customer references who can offer examples of their interactions with the support department?
Your Business Phone Company in Lafayette, IN
As a business owner, you need a VoIP phone provider that offers top-notch customer service. And, they do exist! Take a look at UpLync Communications, a business phone company in Lafayette, Indiana. The UpLync customer support agents are phone experts, providing quick responses and solutions so you can focus on what you do best—serving your customers.